Below I have summarised the great resources that I came across over my property investment journey. Those resources are web-based as well as books. I will have a separate post on how to use the web-based resources to do your property due diligence so that the end-to-end flow of property analysis is clear. With the books you will find that most of them are actually not property related, but that is only because I strongly believe that successful property investment requires a particular mindset. Those books have greatly assisted me on my property investment journey and outside of it, so I highly recommend you check them out.
- www.realestate.com.au – your first point of entry to obtain suburb data (e.g. annual growth, median price, median rent, rental yield, hot map)
- www.suburbview.com – to understand the typical property for the suburb
- www.censusdata.abs.gov.au – to understand suburb demographics
- www.sqmresearch.com.au – to check the vacancy rates and stock on market
- www.investsmart.com.au – to check days on the market, demographics and dwelling type in demand
- www.dsrdata.com.au – to gauge the demand/supply balance for the suburb
- www.walkscore.com – to check how ‘walkable’ is your property to the surrounding amenities
- www.bettereducation.com.au – to check if there are good schools within the vicinity of your property/suburb
- www.propertyvalue.com.au or www.onthehouse.com.au to get the online valuation for your property
- How To Grow A Multi-Million Dollar Property Portfolio In Your Spare Time (kindle) – I have met Michael personally, read his books and turned to him for advice. He has a property investment strategy that is quite conservative, but has proven to be very reliable. He is well-respected in the Australian real-estate domain. This book will introduce you to the property investment strategy that I have adopted myself.
- Michael Yardney’s Rules of Property: Your plan for financial freedom through property investment in the new financial era (kindle) – This is a lot more practical book highlighting all the property investment rules one by one. I suggest to read it after the ‘How To Grow A Multi-Million Dollar Property Portfolio In Your Spare Time‘.
- Think and Grow Rich – probably the greatest book there is on personal development.
- As a Man Thinketh – great book to train your positive mindset.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – great easy to read story-telling book that compares the mindsets of wealthy people with the people with average incomes.
- Man’s Search for Meaning – short, but one of the most influential books you will find. I think everyone should read it, especially the ones that need a sence of purpose.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – another classic that underpins success irrespective of what your business is.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means that I will earn a small commission if you make a purchase via those links. This commission comes at no additional cost to you and is fully subsidised by the vendor. The links above are for products or services that I have personally used, find valuable and genuinely recommend.
Blogger & Property Investor
A couple of years ago I had decided to start my property investment journey. I was not quite sure where this journey would take me, yet it ended up making me a completely different person. I truly believe that I owe a lot to that decision as nothing has ever shaped my personal development as much as property.
I would like to help you start your own journey by sharing my experience and knowledge with you.
Thank you for subscribing and allowing me to be part of your property investment journey! Please check your email for more details and follow up actions.